With only 17 days left until my due date, there is officially no more room in my uterus to hold this still growing child. There is constantly a foot popping out here and a bottom sticking out there...we are all out of room! Craig and I are anxiously awaiting the BIG day. Last week I started having contractions early in the morning and was still having them 10 mins apart into the afternoon but then- they stopped. Craig had very excitedly loaded our hospital bags into the car that morning before we left for work. So, I guess at least we are ready when the time does come.
I had my first check done the Thursday before last. I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was checked again this past Wed and am excited to report I am making progress. I was 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Even though I was really excited by this news, the dr. reminded me that I could stay like this for weeks or I could go into labor tomorrow. It's all a waiting game. It does make going to the dr. a little more exciting though- hopefully we will have more good news this Thursday at my 38 week appt.
This weekend has been a rough one. I was exposed to H1N1 at school by one of my students so I started Tamiflu. The next day I started feeling sick and decided to use a sick day on Friday. Craig was also not feeling great and took a sick day on Friday (his first sick day since I have known him-6 years). We both thought at least we could just relax and have an extra long weekend together. Well, that was not so. Craig had a fever of 101.5, had a bad cough and sore throat. We are pretty sure he has H1N1- thank goodness I am already on Tamiflu. We have not even touched in the last 2 days. We are sleeping in different rooms, laying on different couches, using different bathrooms and I am not touching anything that he has touched. I have spent the last 2 days Lysoling, bleaching and sanitizing like crazy. Craig was easily trained to use sanitizer- now every time he coughs or sneezes he sticks his hand out so I can give him a squirt. It's just like at school! My biggest fear is that I will go into labor and Craig will not be allowed to be with me due to his flu symptoms. Luckily tonight his fever broke and he is feeling a little bit better. Please pray for Craig's healing and that the baby can wait just a couple of days before joining us. On top of both of us being sick, Friday morning I found a flea on Doogle. I couldn't believe it. We already had flea shampoo and thank goodness Craig felt well enough to bathe the poor guy, because I was not supposed to even touch the bottle. You wouldn't believe the warnings on the bottle and here we are bathing our dog in it. Craig only found 1 more flea during the bath and we haven't found anymore since- what a weekend!
This past weekend my family went to the pumpkin patch. We took the little guy that Craig mentors and planned to take my mentee as well, but that didn't work out. We had a lot of fun! I was hoping that all the walking and bumpy hayrack ride would put me into labor- no such luck!
No we are not smuggling pumpkins!
Arrggh matey! Here is Tom (my brother-in-law),
Craig and Craig's mentee.
Don't you love the faces?
Prayer requests as the big day gets closer:
*Pray for an uncomplicated labor and delivery.
Quick and painless would be nice too! :)
*Pray that God will remind me that I was made to do this.
That we will feel His presence and strength when we need Him most.
*Pray that our daughter will come out ready to breastfeed and that my milk will be just what her little body needs to grow.
*Pray that God will continue preparing Craig and I to be parents- emotionally, physically, mentally and most importantly- spiritually.
*Pray that God will heal Craig and then keep us both healthy to bring our little girl home.
Hopefully our next post will be introducing our little one to the world...
1 comment:
Nice post, Sarah :) Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are progressing, but I too hope she decides to stay in there long enough for you and Craig to be healthy. My friend here was the same way with her dilation and effacement a few weeks ago...lasted a couple weeks, but baby came right after stripping membranes!
Post a Comment