Friday, December 14, 2012

Mia's first stitches- not for the faint of heart

What an awful day to think back on....gives me the heebie geebies just seeing this picture. 
 
We were watching the NE game in North Platte with Craig's family the day after Thanksgiving and having a great time.  We were just getting ready to leave and Mia tripped and fell face first into the cement stair between the garage and the house.  Uh- I can still see myself trying to grab the back of her Husker dress but I just couldn't get her in time.  I grabbed her and flipped her over thinking for sure she knocked her teeth out, but instead I saw this HUGE gaping cut on her beautiful little face.  I have always thought I could hold myself together and be strong for my kids, but I lost it.  I was crying, she was crying...it was awful!  Someone yelled for Craig and Craig's aunt helped clean Mia up while I gathered our stuff.  Then we rushed to the ER.
 
Thank God for a sister who is a nurse- she had called ahead, found out who was working that night and figured out who should do Mia's stitches.  Thankfully we were very comfortable with the ER dr and Mia did an AMAZING job of holding still to be stitched.  She didn't even fight- she just laid still while Craig and I talked to her and held her hands- it was awful!
 
 
 She had 7 stitches and a bit of a black eye...you can kind of see it in this picture.
 
 
Silly girl!  Craig gave Bear stitches just like Mia's- you can kind of see them here.
 
 
She still has that gorgeous smile though! :)
 

No comments: