Monday, March 15, 2010

Faith

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
~Hebrews 11:1

Craig and I have made a life changing decision to take a leap of faith this year.  

After school today I signed papers to take a year of leave from teaching next fall!!!!

Do you understand what that means?  I get to stay home with my little Mia next year.

Hooray!

As many of you know, I have really struggled with being at school instead of being home with Mia.  I truly feel like my calling in life is to be a mommy, not a teacher.  I do enjoy my job, but I just can't stand having a child that other people are raising.  Even if those other people are my very loving family members.

We have been praying about me staying home for months now.  It is such a huge financial decision that we have been really struggling with just simply trusting God's plan.

God has been talking to me lately about my faith.  You know how you try not to listen because you aren't sure you are comfortable with what God is whispering to you?  Well, it seems that God gave up on whispering to me and began talking and eventually shouting.  Everywhere I looked, people were talking about their faith.  During my quiet times, I was reading about faith.  On the radio, they were sharing about faith.

I finally broke down and told God, I am listening and I will do as you say.  Well, I feel very confidently that God's plan for us next year is for me to stay home.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Of course, we are still worried about our finances, but we trust God.  Last week, on a blog I follow, I read this "You have to get yourself in a place where you HAVE to trust God. It's in our trials where we come to know God the most."  

So, this year we will learn to
Be satisfied with what you have.  For the Lord said, "I will not fail you.  
I will not forsake you."
~Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Congratulations! Certainly a life changing decision :)

Angie Weis said...

Congrats.....every mom's dream come too!! Best of luck and enjoy your time with Mia!!