Can you believe it has been 6 months since that crazy night in November when I had Mia?? Gosh, I can't! I was looking through pictures on the computer and reliving that first week of her life the other day. I get the weirdest feeling when I look at those pictures. It makes me so sad that that time of her life is over. I can't believe we won't ever get that time back. On the other hand, I love her more and more every day. She is SO fun right now that I don't really want to go back to those newborn days. I am sure that every mom feels this way, but it's a first for me- wanting to go forward and backward in life at the same time.
At 6 months my darling little Mia Lee:
weighs 14 lbs 8 oz.
is 26 inches long.
wears size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes.
is officially a sitter. She loves to sit up and play with her toys now. I still jump every time she tumbles over, but she just rolls over and keeps playing.
has tried squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, pears, apples and peaches. She LOVES peas and apples. She doesn't care for green beans. They just come right back out!
loves playing with my hair.
is interested in books. Hooray!! She likes to pat the pictures, turn the pages and look at the pictures.
is starting to eat cereal puffs. The dr. said since she is already sitting by herself we could try them. She loves them! She can pick them up and put them in her mouth, but it takes her awhile. She usually leans forward with her little mouth open and just licks them off my fingers. Silly little girl!
sleeps on her tummy or with her little bottom in the air- this is one of my favorite things!!
is drinking water out of a sippy cup.
keeps sticking her little arms and legs out of her crib during the night. We went in 5 times last night to save her limbs and comfort her back to sleep. We got breathable bumper pads today so hopefully they will work tonight.
is just learning to wave hello.
Mia Lee I can't believe how quickly these past 6 months have gone. I thank God for you each night as we snuggle in the rocking chair. Soon (only 6 days) I will be the luckiest mom in the world because I will be doing what I love most- staying home with you!
2 comments:
Oh Sarah, She is so cute! We need to get our little peanuts together soon. My kids are out of school starting tomorrow (Wed the 26th). I'm so happy that you are able to stay home for the next year! I am watching Lisa's baby starting next week, so we could have a lot of babies in one room. Talk to Amanda and lets set up a date! Erin
Great post Sarah. Mia is a doll! Can't wait to see you all in July!
Post a Comment