Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Leavin on a jet plane

We took our first real family vacation last month. Craig had to travel to Chicago for work, so since all of his expenses were covered, Mia and I tagged along. We had so much fun!!
.
I was a bit worried about Mia flying since she is so so busy all the time. She did a great job on the flight to Chicago. We left on the first flight out at 8am. I tried to nurse her as we took off to ease the pressure in her ears, but as soon as she heard the noise of the plane she sat up and wanted to look around. We just stuck with the paci after that.
.

.

As soon as we arrived in Chicago, we checked into our hotel and went to the Shedd Aquarium. Mia loved looking at the fish, whales, dolphins, turtles and other sea creatures. I think she will be just like her daddy- an ocean lover!!

.
One evening while we waited for our dinner reservations at Bubba Gump we played at a splash park. Mia would have loved to crawl around and get wet, but since we were headed to dinner we didn't let her. Daddy did get a bit wet though while showing Mia the water.
I just love that little hand reaching for the water- it was so sweet to watch her with her daddy.



.

Anyone who knows me very well knows my favorite food is ICE CREAM!! I think it should be eaten every day on vacation- and it was!! Mia learned that she loved frozen hot chocolate from the Hershey store. I think the whipped cream was her favorite!

This is the perfect vacation picture- chocolate ice cream face and all....

.
While Craig worked each day, Mia and I had lunch on Michigan Ave and then shopped- til we dropped!! She took an excellent long morning nap in the hotel room while I got ready for the day and then a good afternoon nap in her stroller while I shopped. Craig only worked til 2:30pm each day so we had all afternoon and evening as a family.
Here we are on the Magnificent mile..
.
On our last day in Chicago we went to the Oak Street Beach on Lake Michigan- it was really neat. Close enough to being on a tropical vacation- fine sandy beaches, cold water to walk in and a really expensive bar and grill.
.
An older man was watching us play with Mia in the water and asked if we wanted a family picture- so thoughtful!
Love those little footprints...
I could just eat up those chunky little thighs...
I always say Mia got my eyes and my thighs- they are much cuter on her though!
.
Here she is playing in the water:

We loved visiting a big city, but would never want to call it home...it's always fun traveling but always even better to come home!
.
At the airport before we leave to fly back home.

1 comment:

The Thomas Family said...

It's been so long since I've done my blog reading! Great to get caught up and see the fun summer you had. Perfect pictures and stories...an very cute little peanut you have there :)