Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Our Incredible Family Trip to Florida- Part 1

Craig's parents have a condo in Fort Myers, FL and we were lucky enough to go  stay there for a whole week!!  Just Craig, Mia and I...it was the best vacation I have ever been on! 
Can't wait to go back.

In the airport before we left

 Mia had never had sugar cereal before- her favorite cereal is Rice Krispies (pop pops) and she LOVED chocolate 'pop pops' at the airport.  What a treat!

 Craig and I Mia having a picnic on the lenai the first morning 

 Our first beach day was spent at Sanibel Island.  It was a gorgeous beach!
We had a picnic for lunch and spent the day enjoying the sun.
Oh how I wish we were there now!

 Watching daddy swim out in the ocean.  Mia loved being in the water, but Craig wanted to swim out far so Mia stayed with me on the beach.

 While Craig was swimming he found a shell with a crab in it.  We read several beach books before going to Florida and Mia was SO excited to see a crab.  She was so brave- she loved touching it!

I won a bunch of Melissa and Doug sand toys before we left and they were just perfect for the beach.  We had a lot of fun building sandcastles.  Mia loved scooping water up from the waves and dumping in the hole Craig was digging.

 My finished sandcastle-minus the top that Mia took off!

 Pigtails for the evening- I know they aren't completely even but that's the best I could do with a moving toddler!  She doesn't love having her hair done, but she always loves the finished product!

 We had dinner at a local pizza place- Mia had her favorite- cheese and black olive!
The day couldn't have been more perfect!

No comments: