Wow- I cannot believe Mia is 1 month old already. I still can't even believe we have a daughter! This past month has kind of been a blur. I finally feel like I am a real person again. I have started Mia on the Babywise schedule this week. She is doing great! I can feed her, spend awake time with her and then lay her down in her crib awake and she will put herself to sleep. It's wonderful! I can actually get something done during the day. I do feel a little guilty putting her in her crib. I feel like she must get so lonely, but I am determined to have good, independent sleepers, so I try to remind myself this is good for our whole family.
Our favorite things about Mia at 1 month:
*The way she stretches for a good 20 minutes when I wake her up to feed her.
It's so hard for her to open her eyes.
*How she throws her little fist into the air when she stretches.
*That she tucks her tiny thumb in between her pointer and middle fingers when she sleeps.
*That she has her daddy's ears.
*She now sleeps 5 straight hours during the night!
*How she follows me with her eyes when I walk around the room.
* How she looks for me when I start talking to her.
*Her little tiny toes.
*I love how she stares into my eyes while I am feeding her. I just talk to her and sing to her and she just looks into my eyes like she is really listening.
*The way she always sleeps on her hands. She is very comforted by having her little hands on her face.
*Her big huge yawns.
Truly, we love everything about little Mia, even her very feisty attitude at this young age. Someday we will appreciate that she knows what she wants.
This has to be a great characteristic for some career right?
Oh Mia- We don't want you to grow up, but we are looking forward to every stage
of your precious little life!
1 comment:
Great Post!!! I LOVE how you decided to do the crib pics with how old she is. She's so cute!
Post a Comment