This has been a crazy week in the Anderson home:
As many of you know we are really struggling with Mia having reflux. As of now, she is taking meds every 3 hours! The poor little thing is only 6 weeks old (today) and is taking Axid, Mylanta and Prevacid. I am half tempted to take her off of everything and see what her little body can do by itself, but I know better. My heart just breaks watching her hurt so much. She screams whenever she tries to eat. The breast milk burns going down and burns her little inflamed tummy too so she isn't eating very well.
Last week at the doctor's office, she weighed 8 lbs 4oz and we were hoping for about 8 lbs 10oz. She is not too far off, but not gaining weight like we want her too.
I have spent many nights crying right along with Mia because I can't stand to watch her want to eat so bad but refuse to eat because it hurts her. She tries so hard to breastfeed or drink a bottle, but as soon as the milk gets in her mouth, she unlatches, screams and arches her back. I just feel so helpless. Here she depends on me for everything and I can't do anything for her.
Craig and I have also spent many days and nights praying over her little body. We pray for God to heal her body or that one of these meds will begin to work and take away her pain.
I realize that our problems could be way worse and we could be dealing with much bigger medical issues. We are so thankful for our healthy little girl and know that with time this will pass. Please continue to pray for Mia's reflux. We are really hoping that Prevacid is the 'miracle' drug and will work so we can stop messing around with meds in her little body. Also please pray for continued strength for Craig and I as we are both very tired and it is hard to deal with a crying baby when you are sleep deprived!
Craig's team at work participated in the Polar Bear Plunge this Saturday at a nearby lake. As Craig was running into the lake, he rolled his ankle and face planted in the frigid water. Can you imagine?!? He said he heard something pop and knew it would be bad but still came running back out of the water with the rest of the team. Right after he got out, his ankle was already huge. We went and had it x-rayed because he couldn't even walk on it. It's not broken, just sprained, but man is it bruised. He is supposed to be on crutches and vicoden, but of course, he refuses to do either of those things. I know he won't take the crutches because he wants to be able to help me with Mia. I do appreciate his strength. What would Mia and I do without him?
On top of those 2 being out of control, I have thrush now from breastfeeding and am also on a prescription. Hopefully that will clear up soon because it is quite painful!
We are just praying that Doogle (the family dog) stays healthy so that someone in our family won't be taking any medicine.
It has been a crazy couple of weeks, but all in all, life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment