Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a very nice quiet Thanksgiving at my parent's house this year. Amanda had to work so it was just Tom, my grandma Hightower, my parents and Craig, Mia and me. The boys spent the afternoon watching football while the girls worked in the kitchen. I have to admit though, I wasn't much help. I spent most of my time holding and enjoying little Mia on her first holiday. 


Mia enjoying a nap with her daddy- that's what Thanksgiving is all about!

We have so much to be thankful for this year: our supportive family, our close friends, our church, our jobs and of course, our new little blessing, Mia. We asked God to bless us with a healthy baby for so long. We still look at Mia with disbelief. We can't even believe she is actually here! We are so thankful!

Mia met a lot of family members on Thanksgiving. My aunt and cousins stopped by in the evening to say Hello. 
Mia doesn't even mind being passed from one person to the next.
Mia's great aunt Patti
Mia's second cousin Dave
Mia's second cousin Steve
Mia's second cousin Mark

Mia also enjoyed spending time with her nana Peggy, Papa, GGH (great grandma Hightower) and Auntie Amanda and Uncie Tom. 
For some reason, we don't have a picture of Uncie Tom with Mia though.





Here is a picture of Mia cuddling with her soon to be cousin. 
She does love snuggling with Amanda's bump!

So, we tried to take our first family picture on Thanksgiving...


This picture is before I fed Mia...didn't turn out so well. She is screaming!


This picture was after she was fed...you can see she is much happier with a full tummy!

1 comment:

The Thomas Family said...

Looks like a great Thanksgiving! You're right...so much to be thankful for. I can't wait to meet Mia!