Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm an AUNT!!!


Before they took Amanda back


As many of you know, Amanda and Tom decided not to find out what they were having- they wanted a surprise.  Since Amanda had to have a c-section, Tom came out first to tell us the big news.  He walked into the nursery where he held up a sign, while the nurse showed us the baby (all covered up):


Once we had all read the sign and were crying, she uncovered HIM!!
It's a BOY!


Harrison William Butcher has arrived!  
Yesterday, January 26th, at 8:10 am Harry was brought into this world through c-section weighing 9lbs 6oz and 19.5 in long.  He is absolutely adorable!  He has red hair and chubby little cheeks.


Look at his red hair!

Amanda is doing better this morning.  Yesterday the nurses were having a hard time getting on top of her pain with morphine.  They finally decided to stop the morphine and give Amanda percoset (not sure how it's spelled) to control the pain.  Finally her pain was getting better but the meds made her nauseous.  Like she didn't have enough of that during the last 9 months!  Seriously- nothing about this pregnancy has been easy for her.

The happy little family

When I talked to her this morning she said she had finally gotten some sleep and was doing better.  This is too cute, she said, "I am absolutely exhausted, but every time I hear the wheels of his cart coming down the hallway I feel like I am getting a gift!"  
She is so happy to finally be a mommy.  Harry is nursing like a champ!


God is so GOOD!  Amanda and I have both wanted to be moms for so long.  We thought it would be even better to be moms together.  After trying to get pregnant for over a year we were both frustrated and felt there was no way it would happen at the same time.  Well, I found out I was pregnant in March and canceled my fertility appointment.  12 weeks later, Amanda found out she was pregnant, after only going through initial fertility testing and no treatments.  Praise God!  He knew what He was doing, we only had to wait for his perfect timing.  Now, we get to be mommies together.  Our little ones are only 12 weeks apart and already almost the same size! :)



Please pray that Amanda will continue feeling better each day so she can enjoy her new little boy.  Pray for an easy recovery for her.  After all, she deserves something easy!

I miss him already!  I can't wait to go visit after school!

Nana and Papa have waited so long for these grand babies! 


Little Harry exactly where he should be- all snuggled up with mommy!


And of course, I have to include a picture of my little peanut too!

Congrats Amanda and Tom- we love you and are so thrilled for you!

3 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Yay!!! He is SO cute. Of course, I'm a bit partial to the red heads :). Please give everyone a big squeeze for me. Can't wait to get back there and meet little (or big, I should say) Harry. Congrats Auntie!

The Tostenson's said...

He is so handsome!!! Congrats to Tom and Amanda!!! I'm so glad you girls get to have your babies so close together.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she has grown so much since December when I got to hold her a long time!!!
Jen

My cousins, Ryan and Dana Berstler (She's a teacher at OPS) are having a baby in early March. Phone:
210-5373
address is 15315 Drexel Circle
Omaha, NE 68137

Goodluck with photos! I'll let you know of any others!