Harrison is home and healthy!
Amanda and Tom had a bit of a scare with Harry at the hospital last week. His little head and arm kept twitching so they admitted him to the NICU for 2 nights to check his brain waves for seizure activity. Amanda said that was the worst 2 nights of her life. She had a really hard time saying good bye to him and sending him downstairs. Tom pushed her to the NICU every several hours so she could nurse him. After a brain ultrasound and 2 different EEGs, Harrison was back in Amanda's arms and declared a perfectly healthy baby! Praise God! Amanda was also having issues with high blood pressure and low iron, but finally on Saturday, the Butcher family brought baby Harrison home! Hooray!
The Butcher Family
We all better get used to this- so fun having 2 babies in the family now!
It is amazing to look at Harry and realize how much Mia has changed in the past 3 months!
Ready to go home- waiting for daddy to pull the car up
Going home! Harrison's first car ride- he did great!
Amanda is recovering well! This morning she was so excited because she finally shaved her legs and was going to wear make up for the first time in 4 weeks- she is back to feeling like a normal person. It helps that baby Harry is sleeping so well during the night. The dr. told them to wake him up every 5 hours during the night until he is back to his birth weight. He would sleep longer if they let him!
He will probably be back to that next week and then he can sleep as long as he wants during the night. Lucky girl!
On to our family...
I am still having a hard time adjusting to only seeing Mia in the evenings and on the weekends. It's hard because after we pick her up she naps, eats, is awake for about 30 mins and then goes to bed for the night. We hardly get to enjoy her- I miss all of the time we had together and look forward to summer when I have many more days in a row with her. Craig and I are still praying about me working part time next year. I just want to be home so badly. I pray that God wants the same thing for our family.
Mia and mommy snuggling before bed time...I just can't get enough of this little girl
The other day I was working on our taxes and Mia was tired of her swing. I decided to try her in her highchair for something new. I strapped her in and pushed her up to the table. She loved it! She looked around and smiled! She seems so big all of the sudden.
I love that little face she is making!
This is Craig's favorite dress on Mia. It is too short for her now though. We needed to make sure we had pictures of her in it before we packed it away for our next little girl.
I love this picture that Craig took. Mia has the prettiest big eyes.
As you can tell by the post title, life is extremely busy right now with family, work, small group and just life, but we wouldn't have it any other way!
3 comments:
Great pictures Sarah! And thanks for keeping us up on the Butcher family too :) Mia and Harry are so cute together...so fun! Can't wait to meet him.
Thanks for the updates on Amanda's family. She really needs a website too :) Glad all is going well now. You're right, Mia does look too grown up in the highchair!! Both babies are adorable!!!
Hi Sarah,
Saw this blog address at the bottom of your email and came by to check out the pictures of your sweet family. Loved seeing Amanda's new little guy as well!
Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! Such precious times...
Blessings,
Jennie
Post a Comment