Monday, October 18, 2010

11 months

Is she not the cutest thing you have ever seen??

Can you believe Mia is less than a month away from being 1?!?! That just seems unreal to me. Where has the time gone? My little baby is turning into a toddler before my eyes.

(Mia is sick and has a fever today, so I think I will redo these pics when she is feeling better and happier)

At 11 months my sassy little Mia Lee:

wears 6-9 month clothes. We put her in her first 9-12 month dress and had to really roll the sleeves up. She's still tiny!

has 5 teeth and is working on her 6th.

knows where her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, hair, tummy and feet are.
Is a fun silly little girl! People always comment on how happy she is. Her papa always says she looks for reasons to be happy- I love that!

loves to use a napkin or wet wipe and "wash the floor". We also just taught her to wash her face.

LOVES to kiss and hug Doogle. She has figured out that everyone things that is adorable, so if anyone is around she kisses Doogle and then looks to make sure they saw her. Silly girl!

Oooh poor girl- her eyes look sick.
.
Finally has enough hair for bows and it is so fun to see her in them. I love the bow in her hair in the first picture- it's so cute! Without a bow, her crazy bangs go in her eyes.

is still in to EVERYTHING!!! I know it will only get worse! I still enjoy every minute of being home with her, but she sure keeps me hoppin!

loves to play with shoes. She will play in her crib for a good 30 mins if you give her shoes.

We have been doing 'alone time' almost every day where she plays alone in either her crib or pack n play for about 1/2 hour. She does really well. She loves to look at books- I hear her saying- ah, ah, ah?
.
Loves stuffed animals. She still really loves her hospital bear (we haven't come up with a better name- let me know if you have any ideas) but also loves my old Carebear. Craig gave it to me when we were dating and I love to see her love it!
enjoys reading books. The little peanut hardly ever stops moving, but she will actually sit still and listen to books for quite awhile. This makes for a happy mommy- I want children that love reading! She loves to point to things on the pages too- she can find animals/babies eyes, the moon, ducks and turtles. She also loves to kiss every baby on every page! It's adorable!
.
She just learned the sign for book, so we try to stop what we're doing and read a book whenever she signs in. She uses the sign ALL THE TIME though, so sometimes I have to tell her no.
.
walks around furniture, walks around her crib and walks between things, but hasn't taken any steps yet. She likes to walk when we hold her hands, but I don't see her walking too soon in the future- we'll see...
I love the diaper hanging out look- so cute
.
Signs: more, milk, please, book, fan, dog, water, all done, bye bye, eat, telephone.
She now signs please when she wants something. I say "please what?" and she will point at what she wants. This is VERY helpful unless she is insisting on something she can't have.
.
Can also sign 2 or 3 things together. She says "more please" and "more water please"

This is her signing 'please'

Has ATTITUDE!! If she wants something-
she signs 'please, please, please'.
If you don't give it to her she cries and throws a fit!
What will we do when she is 2?!



We love you sweet little girl! You are truly a JOY!

2 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Really impressive signing!

Angie Weis said...

She's looking more and more like mom!! I can't believe she's almost 1....times goes so fast!!