We always start getting ready for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year it was especially exciting to get out all of the Christmas decorations. My Grandma King (who just passed away) worked at Hallmark for years. So, every year each grandchild received more Christmas decorations from Grandma. It makes my heart happy to be surrounded by all of the gifts from my grandma this year!
Ever since Craig and I got married we have gone to Bennington Pines to cut down our own Christmas tree. It is such a fun tradition that I am really looking forward to sharing with our children.
We take a sleigh ride out to a big tree lot and look for the perfect one.
Here we are in the tree lot. We chose a small tree this year- just in case a little someone tipped it over!
Then Craig crawls under the tree and cuts it down...it seemed pretty easy this year!
Here we are heading back to pay for the tree.
Mia's first candy cane- she LOVED it!
She was not happy when I took it away so we could leave.
In the barn where you pay they have hot cocoa and toys for the kids to play with.
Mia enjoyed "riding" on this toy- she had never done anything like this before!
What a fun day! I love all of the traditions that surround Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment